All paying Cryptowatch members can now take advantage of the cryptocurrency price data for Google Sheets offered via the
=CRYPTOFINANCE() plugin. If you have not done so already, upgrade your account to Basic or Pro in order to get access to this feature.
Simply follow the instructions under How do I get started to get started. The CRYPTOFINANCE website provides more information about the plugin functions.
What is CRYPTOFINANCE?
CRYPTOFINANCE is a Google Sheets add-on that provide the CRYPTOFINANCE() function. It connects to various data sources and 30 other exchanges’ APIs to return cryptocurrency prices, volume, marketcap and much more. You can use CRYPTOFINANCE to keep track of your portfolio, to analyse markets and exchanges performance, or build just about anything that requires cryptocurrency market data.
What is Google Sheets?
Google Sheets is a web-based spreadsheet application similar in functionality to Microsoft Excel that allows anyone to create templates, perform advanced calculations, and organize data. Google Sheets can also be easily shared and allow multiple users to collaborate.
How do I get started?
- Generate an API key here
- Follow the instructions on the CRYPTOFINANCE GitHub repo to install the
=CRYPTOFINANCE()function in your Google sheet
- Input your Cryptowatch API key into the plugin using the following menu options:
(Note: you don't need the secret key for this)
- That's it! You can now start using the
=CRYPTOFINANCE()functions in your sheet. Read the full documentation to learn everything you can do with CRYPTOFINANCE.
What can I build with this?
Here are just a few things you can do:
- Put your favorite assets and indicators in a customized dashboard.
- Create custom indicators in real time using the extensive calculation abilities of Google Sheets and the array of real-time data provided by CRYPTOFINANCE.
- Create a customized portfolio tracker for the value of all your holdings.
- Compute your own custom volume-weighted averages that aggregate asset prices across the crypto market.
- Spot high spreads quickly by building arbitrage dashboards that compute spreads in real time.
- Connect Cryptowatch data in Google Sheets to other applications, like Zapier, to execute unique trading strategies.